Saturday, January 24, 2009

A letter from a reader Piecemaker, from Iowa

Glenn, I have been watching your new show on Fox and am delighted someone is finally stepping up to the bar and reporting on some real issues that the main stream media has been avoiding. I stopped watching all main stream media shows about four months ago because they were so biased that it was embarrassing. You are a breath of fresh air. Having said that, I have a challenge for you. Start to probe into the real facts surrounding Barack Obama's eligibility to hold the office of President. The 'real' facts may surprise you and will definitely draw some more listeners. There are many law suits in progress regarding Mr. Obama's eligibility, many of which are on the US Supreme Court dockets . Following is a copy of a letter that one of the attorneys has issued to one of the smaller radio stations. I think this letter will prove to pique your curiosity and hopefully, coverage of the event. Please let me know what you decide to do with this information. Thank you, Piecemaker from Council Bluffs, Iowa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

805-987-0400
Salem Communications
4880 Santa Rosa Road
Camarillo, Ca 93012
Joe Davis, President of Radio Division joeD@salem.cc
Chris Henderson, Vice President and General Counsel chrisH@salem.cc

Dear Mr. Davis and Mr. Henderson,

On Monday, January 19th, during Michael Medved's Radio Show, Mr. Medved made some very disparaging and slanderous remarks concerning my character, mental state and my motives for pursuing legal actions that question Barack Obama's eligibility to serve as President of the United States. Mr. Medved also made "false" statements concerning the merits of the legal actions that I have filed and insinuated that my primary motive for pursuing these matters is to receive monetary donations from an unsuspecting and misinformed public.

I find that Mr. Medved's willful ignorance on the issues surrounding Mr. Obama's "Natural Born Citizenship" status, and his unwillingness to familiarize himself with the merits of the numerous lawsuits that have been filed by concerned citizens, not conspiracy theorists, across this great County, is a great disservice to your listeners and the American public as a whole.

Under California law, statements, like the ones that Mr. Medved spewed on your radio broadcasts are considered defamatory. In a court of law, I would not need to show special damages (e.g., damages to property, business, trade, profession or occupation, including expenditures that resulted from your defamation statements) because the statements are defamation per se. See Cal. Civ. Code § 45a; Yow v. National Enquirer, Inc. 550 F.Supp.2d 1179, 1183 (E.D. Cal. 2008).

To remedy these slanderous and defamatory statements, California has a retraction statute, Cal. Civ. Code § 48a, that applies to the "publication of libel in a newspaper" or " slander by radio broadcast."

Under the California retraction statute, I have a right to serve you with a written request for retraction against the slanderous and defamatory statements that Mr. Medved has made about me, my character, statements he has made about my mental health and my motives for pursuing legal actions on behalf of my clients concerning Barack Obama's eligibility to serve as POTUS. Additionally, I have the right to request that Mr. Medved and your company and your affiliate stations that broadcast Mr. Medved's Show issue a retraction based on the misleading and misinformed derogatory comments that Mr. Medved made concerning the merits of the legal cases that I have filed involving matters relating to the Nov 4, 2008 Presidential election.

Therefore, I am demanding that you instruct Mr. Medved to invite me onto his radio show and allow me to defend myself against the slanderous and defamatory statements that he has made about me to your listeners. I am hopeful that this request will allow me to discuss these false statements and correct the misinformation that Mr. Medved has made public to your radio station listeners. I am requesting ample opportunity to discuss the legal merits of the cases I am litigating on the airwaves so your listeners can be fully informed on the issues concerning Mr. Obama's lack of eligibility to serve as POTUS.

If you do not allow me ample opportunity on Mr. Medved's show or equal time on your radio stations to personally present facts that directly contradict Mr. Medved's slanderous and defamatory statements, I demand that you issue an immediate oral retraction on your radio stations, and that this retraction include a fair and accurate historical outline of my background, my character, my mental health status and my motives for filing legal actions on behalf of my clients. I also request that this oral retraction present a fair and unbiased presentation of the legal merits of my case, and the merits of similar lawsuits that Mr. Medved lumped together with mine.

In addition, I demand that Mr. Medved and your affiliate stations issue a written retraction to be placed on Mr. Medved's personal/business web site, on the TownHall.com web site, on ALL your affiliate stations web sites in which you broadcast Mr. Medved's show, and to make certain that these written retractions specifically address the issues that I outlined above.

I ask that each retraction be placed in a prominent position on your corporate web site and all of your affiliate station web sites and that "RETRACTION-Dr. Orly Taitz, Esq." be placed in the heading of the section where the retraction appears. I also request that you publish this letter along with Mr. Medved's and your company's written retraction.

Please respond to this written retraction request by email, no later than February 3, 2009 and send a hard copy of your response and written retraction to me at my Mission Viejo address via Certified Mail/Signature Required no later than February 10, 2009.

Sincerely,

Dr. Orly Taitz, Esq.